Search

Two men charged with Finsbury Park builder’s murder after extradition from Italy

18:07 02 July 2014

The scare was a false alarm

The scare was a false alarm

Archant

Police have today charged two men with the murder of Polish builder Franciszek Karol Malinkowski, whose body was found in undergrowth near a railway line in South Tottenham in April.

Support your community by viewing your local businesses

Please wait

You will be able to read the article in 5 seconds

Thank you for supporting your local community

You may now read the article

The 51-year-old, who police said had “no obviuous enemies”, had been living in the Finsbury Park area when he was killed.

He died from multiple injuries. Within a couple of days police had arrested 11 people on suspicion of murder, but today said they had charged two men with murder after securing their extradition from Italy.

Luckasz Siek, 32, and Piotr Jarota, 33, were also charged with robbery and fraud. They will appear in custody at Hendon Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.

In all, 10 other men arrested in connection with the investigation have been bailed until early July pending further enquiries, and two more have been released with no further action.

Latest News Stories

12:18
Islington's Borough Commander Gerry Campbell Pic: Dieter Perry

A new crack police team designed to wipe out violence within the family will be launched on Monday.

Yesterday, 16:09
Planned engineering work could affect your journey this weekend.

There is a relatively minor programme of planned closures on the Tube and Overground network this weekend - but they could still affect your journey. Read on for the lowdown.

Yesterday, 11:22
Richmond Trew

A “notorious pickpocket” who was banned from using the tube has been jailed for six months after breaching his ASBO to steal a purse.

Yesterday, 08:10
MP Emily Thornberry: 'I grew up on a council estate'

An Islington MP has resigned from Ed Miliband’s shadow cabinet after her tweet of a house draped with England flags saw her branded a ‘snob’.

Most read news

Protesters have been warned they are banned from setting up camp at the landmark.

John Cantlie features in the new IS video, in which he talks about a recent failed military attack.

From Britain First’s Facebook posts, you would assume they’d won the Rochester by-election. They didn’t, but they’re claiming it anyway.

At 100 years old, this was Ruby Holt’s first visit to the beach – and the first time she saw the ocean.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the $m.global.archantvariables.NewspaperTitle e-edition today E-edition