Search

Underage Festival in Shoreditch cancelled due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’

PUBLISHED: 14:08 11 August 2012

A previous event at Shoreditch Park

A previous event at Shoreditch Park

1234 Shoreditch Festival. Shoreditch Park. Sat 9th July 2011

A massive youth music festival in Shoreditch has been cancelled due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’.

Organisers announced that the Underage Festival in Shoreditch Park was shelved last week, just one month before headliner Devlin was set to take to the stage.

They said they were “incredibly sad” to cancel the nine hour festival for 13-18 year olds set to happen on August 31.

A statement on the festival website said: “It is with great sadness that we announce Underage Festival will no longer be taking place this year.”

Bosses said they had “no choice but to cancel the event” which had a line-up including Maverick Sabre, Hadouken!, Foals and Dry the River.

“Unforeseen circumstances with our site hire contract mean we are no longer able to meet production levels and we do not want to risk the safety and smooth running of an event for 13-18 year olds.”

The festival usually takes place in Victoria Park but was moved to Shoreditch Park due to the Olympics.

Organisers vowed to be back in 2013 and be “bigger and better than ever before.”

Refunds are being offered to those who have bought tickets.

0 comments

Latest Islington News Stories

07:00

They suffered beatings, starvation and the worst imaginable kinds of neglect. In the third of our special series on Islington’s notorious kids’ homes, Emma Youle meets survivors – and hears how their lives were torn apart by the very institutions that should have protected them

10:53

The hottest day of the year came at the worst possible time for tenants in Finsbury – who’ve now had no water for 24 hours thanks to a burst pipe.

10:21

Campaigning five-a-side players have been bounced back in their calls for a “proper” consultation over the installation of a trampoline park at Sobell Leisure Centre.

The Barking to Gospel Oak Overground line will be closed for eight weekends as electrification work continues.

Yesterday, 16:54

A burst water main has left homeowners and tenants without running water in the south of Islington today.

Yesterday, 15:59

The Archway Tavern is set to open later this year as a cocktail bar, the Gazette can reveal.

Yesterday, 14:09

Arsenal FC has cancelled Sunday’s potential FA Cup parade in light of Monday’s terror attack in Manchester.

Yesterday, 13:05

Roll up! Shoppers are being asked to nominate their favourite market trader for the Islington’s Market Trader of the Year Award 2017.

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Most read

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the
Islington Gazette
e-edition today

Subscribe

Education and Training

cover

Read the
Education and Training
e-edition today

Read Now