Underage Festival in Shoreditch cancelled due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’
14:08 11 August 2012
A massive youth music festival in Shoreditch has been cancelled due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’.
Organisers announced that the Underage Festival in Shoreditch Park was shelved last week, just one month before headliner Devlin was set to take to the stage.
They said they were “incredibly sad” to cancel the nine hour festival for 13-18 year olds set to happen on August 31.
A statement on the festival website said: “It is with great sadness that we announce Underage Festival will no longer be taking place this year.”
Bosses said they had “no choice but to cancel the event” which had a line-up including Maverick Sabre, Hadouken!, Foals and Dry the River.
“Unforeseen circumstances with our site hire contract mean we are no longer able to meet production levels and we do not want to risk the safety and smooth running of an event for 13-18 year olds.”
The festival usually takes place in Victoria Park but was moved to Shoreditch Park due to the Olympics.
Organisers vowed to be back in 2013 and be “bigger and better than ever before.”
Refunds are being offered to those who have bought tickets.