Search

Swansea boss insists alleged Arsenal target is not for sale

11:07 06 January 2013

Swansea City

Swansea City's Michu. Photo: Stephen Pond/EMPICS

EMPICS Sport

Swansea manager Michael Laudrup has made it clear there is “no way” Michu will be leaving the Liberty Stadium this month.

The £2million signing from Rayo Vallecano has been the bargain of the season to date, scoring 14 goals in 22 appearances for the Swans and taking the Premier League by storm.

The Spaniard’s impact, which has brought him to the attentions of national coach Vicente del Bosque, has understandably attracted interest from other clubs.

And Laudrup had previously slapped a £30million price tag on the midfielder’s head.

In the wake of rumoured interest from Arsenal and Russian clubs Zenit St Petersburg and Anzhi Makhachkhala the Dane has again moved to make his position on Michu’s future clear, and wants to avoid being left in the same position as Newcastle following the departure of Demba Ba to Chelsea.

“There is no way he will leave,” said Laudrup. “It is absolutely out of the question.

“One reason is because it is so difficult to get someone in right now, and the second is that he is happy here and doesn’t want to leave.

“Newcastle have just lost their top scorer mid-season and that is obviously very bad. especially because it is not easy to find a guy who scores goals like him.”

Related articles

0 comments

Latest Sport Stories

Yesterday, 11:59
Arsenal goalkeeper David Ospina

David Ospina says Arsenal must stay focused on their own performances rather than straining to chase down second-placed Manchester City.

Friday, February 27, 2015
Everton's Steven Naismith celebrates after scoring against Leicester in the 2-2 draw at Goodison Park

Lowdown

Thursday, February 26, 2015
Arsenal in the Community head Alan Sefton at the new sports centre on Queensland Road

As Arsenal in the Community celebrate their 30th anniversary this week, it could certainly be said that the scheme has come full circle.

Most read sport

Five additional arrests have been made by police after discovery.

The Duke of Cambridge didn’t look very sporty as he had a kickabout with Chinese children in a football masterclass.

Two people remain in custody on suspicion of murdering the 16-year-old.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the $m.global.archantvariables.NewspaperTitle e-edition today E-edition
Family Notices 24
Our trusted business finder