Festival on Highbury fields offers fun for all the family
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are expected to descend on Highbury Fields next week for an annual summer shindig.
Festival on the Fields 2014 takes place on July 12 and features a host of games, activities and support for people from across the borough.
After a carnival parade, complete with samba band, at 12noon, visitors can go on rides, play sports, listen to DJs, try out clairvoyants and meditation and more.
There is a also a special employment and learning enterprise zone, where people can pick up tips to get them back into work; with free job workshops and CV surgeries.
And budding photographers are asked to submit their two best snaps of the festival - winners will receive a prize and be featured in an exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
Festival in the Fields, Highbury Fields, Highbury on July 12 from 12noon. Free entry, visit www.islingtoncommunityprojects.co.uk.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 10 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions