Festival on Highbury fields offers fun for all the family
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are expected to descend on Highbury Fields next week for an annual summer shindig.
Festival on the Fields 2014 takes place on July 12 and features a host of games, activities and support for people from across the borough.
After a carnival parade, complete with samba band, at 12noon, visitors can go on rides, play sports, listen to DJs, try out clairvoyants and meditation and more.
There is a also a special employment and learning enterprise zone, where people can pick up tips to get them back into work; with free job workshops and CV surgeries.
And budding photographers are asked to submit their two best snaps of the festival - winners will receive a prize and be featured in an exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
Festival in the Fields, Highbury Fields, Highbury on July 12 from 12noon. Free entry, visit www.islingtoncommunityprojects.co.uk.
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 2 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 6 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 9 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?