Festival on Highbury fields offers fun for all the family
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are expected to descend on Highbury Fields next week for an annual summer shindig.
Festival on the Fields 2014 takes place on July 12 and features a host of games, activities and support for people from across the borough.
After a carnival parade, complete with samba band, at 12noon, visitors can go on rides, play sports, listen to DJs, try out clairvoyants and meditation and more.
There is a also a special employment and learning enterprise zone, where people can pick up tips to get them back into work; with free job workshops and CV surgeries.
And budding photographers are asked to submit their two best snaps of the festival - winners will receive a prize and be featured in an exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
Festival in the Fields, Highbury Fields, Highbury on July 12 from 12noon. Free entry, visit www.islingtoncommunityprojects.co.uk.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 3 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 4 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 5 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 6 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 7 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world