Festival on Highbury fields offers fun for all the family
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are expected to descend on Highbury Fields next week for an annual summer shindig.
Festival on the Fields 2014 takes place on July 12 and features a host of games, activities and support for people from across the borough.
After a carnival parade, complete with samba band, at 12noon, visitors can go on rides, play sports, listen to DJs, try out clairvoyants and meditation and more.
There is a also a special employment and learning enterprise zone, where people can pick up tips to get them back into work; with free job workshops and CV surgeries.
And budding photographers are asked to submit their two best snaps of the festival - winners will receive a prize and be featured in an exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
Festival in the Fields, Highbury Fields, Highbury on July 12 from 12noon. Free entry, visit www.islingtoncommunityprojects.co.uk.
- 1 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 2 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 3 Open spaces, LTNs, vouchers, vaccinations and neonatal care
- 4 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 5 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 8 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 9 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 10 Over-65s vaccinations begin in England as centre reports lack of patients