Festival on Highbury fields offers fun for all the family
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are expected to descend on Highbury Fields next week for an annual summer shindig.
Festival on the Fields 2014 takes place on July 12 and features a host of games, activities and support for people from across the borough.
After a carnival parade, complete with samba band, at 12noon, visitors can go on rides, play sports, listen to DJs, try out clairvoyants and meditation and more.
There is a also a special employment and learning enterprise zone, where people can pick up tips to get them back into work; with free job workshops and CV surgeries.
And budding photographers are asked to submit their two best snaps of the festival - winners will receive a prize and be featured in an exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
Festival in the Fields, Highbury Fields, Highbury on July 12 from 12noon. Free entry, visit www.islingtoncommunityprojects.co.uk.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 6 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 7 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 8 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Whittington patients increase as Covid 'major incident' declared in London