Finsbury Park revisits the steam age.
- Credit: Archant
In the midst of rampant regeneration, Finsbury Park is winding back the clock and giving people a chance to travel on a vintage steam train.
On August 26, passengers will be hauled from the station up to Yorkshire, where a Scots Guardsman steamer will take the strain.
The train will puff along the Settle and Carlise Railway, through the Yorkshire Dales and past the Cumbrian mountains.
Marcus Robertson, chairman of Steam Dreams which is organising the event, said: “As steam journeys go, it doesn’t get much better than this.
“As we make our way along one of the world’s most famous railways, our loco, The Scots Guardsman, will really be put through its paces.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, our passengers can sit back and enjoy the spectacular countryside and take in this masterpiece of Victorian engineering.”
n For more information, visit cathedralsexpress.co.uk.
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 7 Walk with a map
- 8 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 9 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 10 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman