Holloway man charged with stealing from landlord as he lay dying
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with stealing from the landlord of an iconic pub as he lay dead or dying in the street.
Graham Fitzpatrick, 50, of Hilldrop Crescent, Holloway, is accused of the theft of property from Michael Doheny, who ran the famous Worlds End pub in Camden Town.
Mr Doheney was found dead in the street near the pub in the early hours of the morning in November last year.
An inquest confirmed that he had died from a head injury after a night of heavy drinking.
As he lay dead or dying, his possessions were strewn across the road.
You may also want to watch:
Fitzpatrick denies the charges and will next appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on June 3.
A woman arrested at the scene for stealing from Mr Doheny has served 20 weeks in jail.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
Maria Kitanous, 47, of Drovers Way, Holloway, pleaded guilty to the theft in February.