Holloway man charged with stealing from landlord as he lay dying
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with stealing from the landlord of an iconic pub as he lay dead or dying in the street.
Graham Fitzpatrick, 50, of Hilldrop Crescent, Holloway, is accused of the theft of property from Michael Doheny, who ran the famous Worlds End pub in Camden Town.
Mr Doheney was found dead in the street near the pub in the early hours of the morning in November last year.
An inquest confirmed that he had died from a head injury after a night of heavy drinking.
As he lay dead or dying, his possessions were strewn across the road.
Fitzpatrick denies the charges and will next appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on June 3.
A woman arrested at the scene for stealing from Mr Doheny has served 20 weeks in jail.
- 1 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 2 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 3 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
- 4 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 5 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
- 6 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 7 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 8 Islington shisha smuggler sentenced for £230,000 tax fraud
- 9 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- 10 Jailed: 'Brazen' cannabis sweet dealers sentenced
Maria Kitanous, 47, of Drovers Way, Holloway, pleaded guilty to the theft in February.