Holloway man charged with stealing from landlord as he lay dying
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with stealing from the landlord of an iconic pub as he lay dead or dying in the street.
Graham Fitzpatrick, 50, of Hilldrop Crescent, Holloway, is accused of the theft of property from Michael Doheny, who ran the famous Worlds End pub in Camden Town.
Mr Doheney was found dead in the street near the pub in the early hours of the morning in November last year.
An inquest confirmed that he had died from a head injury after a night of heavy drinking.
As he lay dead or dying, his possessions were strewn across the road.
You may also want to watch:
Fitzpatrick denies the charges and will next appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on June 3.
A woman arrested at the scene for stealing from Mr Doheny has served 20 weeks in jail.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
Maria Kitanous, 47, of Drovers Way, Holloway, pleaded guilty to the theft in February.