Holloway man charged with stealing from landlord as he lay dying
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with stealing from the landlord of an iconic pub as he lay dead or dying in the street.
Graham Fitzpatrick, 50, of Hilldrop Crescent, Holloway, is accused of the theft of property from Michael Doheny, who ran the famous Worlds End pub in Camden Town.
Mr Doheney was found dead in the street near the pub in the early hours of the morning in November last year.
An inquest confirmed that he had died from a head injury after a night of heavy drinking.
As he lay dead or dying, his possessions were strewn across the road.
You may also want to watch:
Fitzpatrick denies the charges and will next appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on June 3.
A woman arrested at the scene for stealing from Mr Doheny has served 20 weeks in jail.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 6 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 7 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
- 8 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 9 Did Islington house prices rise by 13% in 2020?
- 10 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
Maria Kitanous, 47, of Drovers Way, Holloway, pleaded guilty to the theft in February.