Islingotn Council offers advice to stay fit and healthy in 2014
- Credit: Archant
Islington Council is offering plenty of advice to put people in a healthy frame of mind for the new year.
According to the council anyone aged 35 to 74 could be entitled to a free NHS health check via their GP.
People trying to give up smoking can receive face to face support by visiting smokefreeislington.nhs.uk.
Meanwhile, anyone who is keen to cut back on their alcohol intake after drinking too much over the holiday break can take a two-minute test to check if they are at risk of damaging their health at dontbottleitup.org.uk.
Those people can also see if they can go through this month without drinking alcohol by signing up for the Dry January campaign challenge at dryjanuary.org.uk, and help to raise money for charity Alcohol Concern at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, there are plenty of activities on offer to help people shed the festive pounds – from American Football to gymnastics.
n For more information visit www.islington.gov.uk/active
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Chamber music and arts festival scheduled for Islington this summer
- 9 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed