Islingotn Council offers advice to stay fit and healthy in 2014
- Credit: Archant
Islington Council is offering plenty of advice to put people in a healthy frame of mind for the new year.
According to the council anyone aged 35 to 74 could be entitled to a free NHS health check via their GP.
People trying to give up smoking can receive face to face support by visiting smokefreeislington.nhs.uk.
Meanwhile, anyone who is keen to cut back on their alcohol intake after drinking too much over the holiday break can take a two-minute test to check if they are at risk of damaging their health at dontbottleitup.org.uk.
Those people can also see if they can go through this month without drinking alcohol by signing up for the Dry January campaign challenge at dryjanuary.org.uk, and help to raise money for charity Alcohol Concern at the same time.
Finally, there are plenty of activities on offer to help people shed the festive pounds – from American Football to gymnastics.
n For more information visit www.islington.gov.uk/active
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 4 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 5 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 6 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 7 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 8 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 9 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 10 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021