Islingotn Council offers advice to stay fit and healthy in 2014
- Credit: Archant
Islington Council is offering plenty of advice to put people in a healthy frame of mind for the new year.
According to the council anyone aged 35 to 74 could be entitled to a free NHS health check via their GP.
People trying to give up smoking can receive face to face support by visiting smokefreeislington.nhs.uk.
Meanwhile, anyone who is keen to cut back on their alcohol intake after drinking too much over the holiday break can take a two-minute test to check if they are at risk of damaging their health at dontbottleitup.org.uk.
Those people can also see if they can go through this month without drinking alcohol by signing up for the Dry January campaign challenge at dryjanuary.org.uk, and help to raise money for charity Alcohol Concern at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, there are plenty of activities on offer to help people shed the festive pounds – from American Football to gymnastics.
n For more information visit www.islington.gov.uk/active
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years