Islingotn Council offers advice to stay fit and healthy in 2014
- Credit: Archant
Islington Council is offering plenty of advice to put people in a healthy frame of mind for the new year.
According to the council anyone aged 35 to 74 could be entitled to a free NHS health check via their GP.
People trying to give up smoking can receive face to face support by visiting smokefreeislington.nhs.uk.
Meanwhile, anyone who is keen to cut back on their alcohol intake after drinking too much over the holiday break can take a two-minute test to check if they are at risk of damaging their health at dontbottleitup.org.uk.
Those people can also see if they can go through this month without drinking alcohol by signing up for the Dry January campaign challenge at dryjanuary.org.uk, and help to raise money for charity Alcohol Concern at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, there are plenty of activities on offer to help people shed the festive pounds – from American Football to gymnastics.
n For more information visit www.islington.gov.uk/active
- 1 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 2 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 5 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 6 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Islington dancer recounts apartheid struggles in new book