Islington carer up for national award
- Credit: Archant
A woman who has dedicated her career to helping others live safely and with dignity, is up for a prestigious award.
Dennah Patterson, who works at Lennox House care home, in Durham Road, Holloway, is in the national heats of the Great British Care awards, to be judged next April.
The senior care assistant scooped first prize in the Islington Care Awards in February and then won the Greater London area award on November 2
She said: “I was very surprised to find out I was representing London in the national awards.
“I’ve been working for Care UK at Lennox House for three years, looking after elderly clients with dementia and Alzheimer’s, providing a voice for those who can’t speak for themselves and a warm smile, a chat or a drink.
You may also want to watch:
“Relatives sometimes think that when a loved one goes into a home, they are no longer the person they used to be and that’s not right.
“They are still a mother or father, someone who provided care themselves to their own families when they were growing up.”
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Finsbury Park drugs misuse centre put into special measures
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 8 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Music production school leaves Abbey Road for move to Angel Studios