Islington carer up for national award
- Credit: Archant
A woman who has dedicated her career to helping others live safely and with dignity, is up for a prestigious award.
Dennah Patterson, who works at Lennox House care home, in Durham Road, Holloway, is in the national heats of the Great British Care awards, to be judged next April.
The senior care assistant scooped first prize in the Islington Care Awards in February and then won the Greater London area award on November 2
She said: “I was very surprised to find out I was representing London in the national awards.
“I’ve been working for Care UK at Lennox House for three years, looking after elderly clients with dementia and Alzheimer’s, providing a voice for those who can’t speak for themselves and a warm smile, a chat or a drink.
You may also want to watch:
“Relatives sometimes think that when a loved one goes into a home, they are no longer the person they used to be and that’s not right.
“They are still a mother or father, someone who provided care themselves to their own families when they were growing up.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking