Late night Tubes through Islington announced
- Credit: Archant
Late night revellers in Islington are celebrating after eight stops in the borough were earmarked for 24 hour tubes this morning.
From Autumn 2015, Transport for London (TfL) will run Underground trains all day and night over the weekend following an announcement by the Mayor of London Boris Johnson earlier today.
Services will start at around 5am on Friday and continue right through to approximately midnight on Sunday night on the Victoria, Picadilly, Jubilee, Central lines and part of the Northern line.
In Islington, this will mean all night trains at King’s Cross, Arsenal, Caledonian Road, Holloway Road, Highbury and Islington, Finsbury Park, Archway and Tufnell Park stations.
Angel and Old Street stations will not being included as they are on a prt of the Northern line not included in the all night overhaul.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Moore, who lives off Gillespie Road, Highbury, said: “This is great news, I am over the moon. Now I can party late into the night without having to worry.”
In making the announcement, Mr Johnson said: “Now it is time to take the Tube to the next level and so for the first time in London’s history, we will provide a regular 24-hour ’Night Tube’ service at weekends. This will not just boost jobs and our vibrant night-time economy, it will further cement London’s reputation as the best big city on the planet to in which to live, work, visit and invest.”
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 5 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 8 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Elthorne Pride community group's back-to-school initiative