Man arrested for taking pictures up a woman’s skirt at Angel Tube Station
- Credit: Archant
A man who took pictures up a woman’s skirt with a camera at Angel Tube station has been arrested.
The 27-year-old from Wellingborough was held on Friday night at about 7.20pm for outraging public decency.
The arrest was part of Project Guardian, a London-wide crackdown on sexual assault and harassment by the British Transport Police (BTP).
From July 14 to 18, a total of 13 people were arrested for a range of sexual offences on the capital’s trains, Tubes and buses.
Chf Sup Paul Brogden, from BTP, said: “Our message is clear – we want passengers to feel confident on their journey and to know exactly where to turn when they need help.
“A lot of victims do not report their experiences to us, for a number of reasons. Some worry that they won’t be taken seriously, or there is little that can be done to stop sexual crime, but this is not the case – you don’t have to suffer in silence.
“We will always be there to listen and will do everything we can to find those responsible. Unwanted sexual behaviour on the transport network is completely unacceptable and we will do everything we can to support you and bring offenders to justice.”
- 1 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 2 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 3 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 4 Husband granted right to use late wife's embryo for surrogacy
- 5 Actors present prizes at Islington Education Awards 2022
- 6 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 7 CCTV: Woman sexually assaulted at Highbury & Islington station
- 8 'White lives matter' graffiti removed in Archway after two months
- 9 Caledonian artist attempting to paint 100 London pubs
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
Any incident of a sexual nature can be reported to BTP on 0800 40 50 40 or by texting 61016 with details of what happened.