Man arrested for taking pictures up a woman’s skirt at Angel Tube Station
- Credit: Archant
A man who took pictures up a woman’s skirt with a camera at Angel Tube station has been arrested.
The 27-year-old from Wellingborough was held on Friday night at about 7.20pm for outraging public decency.
The arrest was part of Project Guardian, a London-wide crackdown on sexual assault and harassment by the British Transport Police (BTP).
From July 14 to 18, a total of 13 people were arrested for a range of sexual offences on the capital’s trains, Tubes and buses.
Chf Sup Paul Brogden, from BTP, said: “Our message is clear – we want passengers to feel confident on their journey and to know exactly where to turn when they need help.
You may also want to watch:
“A lot of victims do not report their experiences to us, for a number of reasons. Some worry that they won’t be taken seriously, or there is little that can be done to stop sexual crime, but this is not the case – you don’t have to suffer in silence.
“We will always be there to listen and will do everything we can to find those responsible. Unwanted sexual behaviour on the transport network is completely unacceptable and we will do everything we can to support you and bring offenders to justice.”
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
Any incident of a sexual nature can be reported to BTP on 0800 40 50 40 or by texting 61016 with details of what happened.