Man arrested for taking pictures up a woman’s skirt at Angel Tube Station
- Credit: Archant
A man who took pictures up a woman’s skirt with a camera at Angel Tube station has been arrested.
The 27-year-old from Wellingborough was held on Friday night at about 7.20pm for outraging public decency.
The arrest was part of Project Guardian, a London-wide crackdown on sexual assault and harassment by the British Transport Police (BTP).
From July 14 to 18, a total of 13 people were arrested for a range of sexual offences on the capital’s trains, Tubes and buses.
Chf Sup Paul Brogden, from BTP, said: “Our message is clear – we want passengers to feel confident on their journey and to know exactly where to turn when they need help.
You may also want to watch:
“A lot of victims do not report their experiences to us, for a number of reasons. Some worry that they won’t be taken seriously, or there is little that can be done to stop sexual crime, but this is not the case – you don’t have to suffer in silence.
“We will always be there to listen and will do everything we can to find those responsible. Unwanted sexual behaviour on the transport network is completely unacceptable and we will do everything we can to support you and bring offenders to justice.”
- 1 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 2 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 7 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub
Any incident of a sexual nature can be reported to BTP on 0800 40 50 40 or by texting 61016 with details of what happened.