Nervous Hackney pupils prepare for GSCE results day
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Nervous pupils across Hackney are preparing for a day of reckoning as GCSE results are released today.
Secondary schools across the borough will be opening their doors to hand out the long-awaited results envelopes to Year 11s.
You can keep up-to-date with the latest results and stories from your local schools here throughout the day.
Our reporters will be visiting schools across the borough during the morning, speaking to students and teachers about the results.
Ofqual, England’s exam watchdog, has warned that GCSE maths, English and science results could drop this year due to changes made in order to address concerns over grade inflation.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the number of pupils achieving A* to C grades was down by just 0.4 per cent, with girls out performing the boys.
Almost eight per cent more girls achieved the target A* to C grades in 2012, an improvement on the seven per cent margin in 2011.
- 1 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 4 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 5 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 6 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 7 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 8 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 9 Islington's Holocaust Memorial Day 2021 event to go ahead online
- 10 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
But will the trend continue in 2013?
Check all the latest results as they’re released via the Hackney Gazette.