Nervous Hackney pupils prepare for GSCE results day
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Nervous pupils across Hackney are preparing for a day of reckoning as GCSE results are released today.
Secondary schools across the borough will be opening their doors to hand out the long-awaited results envelopes to Year 11s.
You can keep up-to-date with the latest results and stories from your local schools here throughout the day.
Our reporters will be visiting schools across the borough during the morning, speaking to students and teachers about the results.
Ofqual, England’s exam watchdog, has warned that GCSE maths, English and science results could drop this year due to changes made in order to address concerns over grade inflation.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the number of pupils achieving A* to C grades was down by just 0.4 per cent, with girls out performing the boys.
Almost eight per cent more girls achieved the target A* to C grades in 2012, an improvement on the seven per cent margin in 2011.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 9 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
But will the trend continue in 2013?
Check all the latest results as they’re released via the Hackney Gazette.