Nervous Hackney pupils prepare for GSCE results day
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Nervous pupils across Hackney are preparing for a day of reckoning as GCSE results are released today.
Secondary schools across the borough will be opening their doors to hand out the long-awaited results envelopes to Year 11s.
You can keep up-to-date with the latest results and stories from your local schools here throughout the day.
Our reporters will be visiting schools across the borough during the morning, speaking to students and teachers about the results.
Ofqual, England’s exam watchdog, has warned that GCSE maths, English and science results could drop this year due to changes made in order to address concerns over grade inflation.
Last year the number of pupils achieving A* to C grades was down by just 0.4 per cent, with girls out performing the boys.
Almost eight per cent more girls achieved the target A* to C grades in 2012, an improvement on the seven per cent margin in 2011.
- 1 Woman harassed by Claudia Webbe wanted MP 'to be humiliated'
- 2 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 3 Mother Clucker! Fried chicken restaurant to open in Upper Street
- 4 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 5 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 6 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 7 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 8 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
But will the trend continue in 2013?
Check all the latest results as they’re released via the Hackney Gazette.