New arts and crafts market set to add to growing Islington throng
- Credit: Archant
An arts and crafts market will join the growing throng of traders in Chapel Market from Saturday.
The stalls will sell all manner of hand-made goods from coats and dresses to blown glass, toys, paintings, scented candles and dried meat.
Christine Lovett, chief executive of the Angel business district, said: “We’re delighted to be working with the council to boost local businesses by attracting more visitors and offer a bigger choice of shopping for local residents.”
Cllr Rakhia Ismail, Islington Council’s executive member for Community Development said, “Our street markets are an important part of the local community.
“The new Arts and Crafts area of Chapel Market will enrich the experience for shoppers and add even more variety to the stalls there.”
You may also want to watch:
The market will run from 9.30am to 4.30pm halfway down Chapel Market, Islington.
- 1 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 2 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 3 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 4 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
- 5 Drugs and cash seized in multi-force police op
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today
- 8 Bunhill by-election set to go-ahead following Claudia Webbe's resignation
- 9 Can you help identify this man?
- 10 Canonbury landlords defy pandemic to launch new pub