New arts and crafts market set to add to growing Islington throng
- Credit: Archant
An arts and crafts market will join the growing throng of traders in Chapel Market from Saturday.
The stalls will sell all manner of hand-made goods from coats and dresses to blown glass, toys, paintings, scented candles and dried meat.
Christine Lovett, chief executive of the Angel business district, said: “We’re delighted to be working with the council to boost local businesses by attracting more visitors and offer a bigger choice of shopping for local residents.”
Cllr Rakhia Ismail, Islington Council’s executive member for Community Development said, “Our street markets are an important part of the local community.
“The new Arts and Crafts area of Chapel Market will enrich the experience for shoppers and add even more variety to the stalls there.”
The market will run from 9.30am to 4.30pm halfway down Chapel Market, Islington.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 4 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 5 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 6 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 7 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 8 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 9 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 10 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021