New arts and crafts market set to add to growing Islington throng
- Credit: Archant
An arts and crafts market will join the growing throng of traders in Chapel Market from Saturday.
The stalls will sell all manner of hand-made goods from coats and dresses to blown glass, toys, paintings, scented candles and dried meat.
Christine Lovett, chief executive of the Angel business district, said: “We’re delighted to be working with the council to boost local businesses by attracting more visitors and offer a bigger choice of shopping for local residents.”
Cllr Rakhia Ismail, Islington Council’s executive member for Community Development said, “Our street markets are an important part of the local community.
“The new Arts and Crafts area of Chapel Market will enrich the experience for shoppers and add even more variety to the stalls there.”
You may also want to watch:
The market will run from 9.30am to 4.30pm halfway down Chapel Market, Islington.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 3 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 4 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 10 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown