New arts and crafts market set to add to growing Islington throng
- Credit: Archant
An arts and crafts market will join the growing throng of traders in Chapel Market from Saturday.
The stalls will sell all manner of hand-made goods from coats and dresses to blown glass, toys, paintings, scented candles and dried meat.
Christine Lovett, chief executive of the Angel business district, said: “We’re delighted to be working with the council to boost local businesses by attracting more visitors and offer a bigger choice of shopping for local residents.”
Cllr Rakhia Ismail, Islington Council’s executive member for Community Development said, “Our street markets are an important part of the local community.
“The new Arts and Crafts area of Chapel Market will enrich the experience for shoppers and add even more variety to the stalls there.”
You may also want to watch:
The market will run from 9.30am to 4.30pm halfway down Chapel Market, Islington.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 7 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 8 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket