New arts and crafts market set to add to growing Islington throng
- Credit: Archant
An arts and crafts market will join the growing throng of traders in Chapel Market from Saturday.
The stalls will sell all manner of hand-made goods from coats and dresses to blown glass, toys, paintings, scented candles and dried meat.
Christine Lovett, chief executive of the Angel business district, said: “We’re delighted to be working with the council to boost local businesses by attracting more visitors and offer a bigger choice of shopping for local residents.”
Cllr Rakhia Ismail, Islington Council’s executive member for Community Development said, “Our street markets are an important part of the local community.
“The new Arts and Crafts area of Chapel Market will enrich the experience for shoppers and add even more variety to the stalls there.”
You may also want to watch:
The market will run from 9.30am to 4.30pm halfway down Chapel Market, Islington.
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 2 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 3 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 6 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 9 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 10 Landlord of Tollington Arms - popular with Arsenal fans - faces eviction