New rush hour services to City welcomed by Islington Lib Dems
- Credit: Archant
Rush hour congestion is set to ease for some after the Government announced more trains through Islington at busy times.
From December 2015, people using Drayton Park, Highbury and Islington and Essex Road stations will benefit from extra service into Moorgate as well as new weekend trains into the city.
Lib Dem councillor Julie Horten, representing Highbury East ward, said: “Highbury residents can now look forward to more trains and later evening services.
“It is especially good news for local commuters that there will be a new weekend service into Moorgate.
You may also want to watch:
“Working patterns have changed over the years and many local residents work later than the traditional nine to five hours of the past. People now often work at weekends too.
She added: ”This is a real victory for Highbury residents and commuters. It is good to see the Government listening to what residents want from their local train services.”
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 9 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque