New rush hour services to City welcomed by Islington Lib Dems
- Credit: Archant
Rush hour congestion is set to ease for some after the Government announced more trains through Islington at busy times.
From December 2015, people using Drayton Park, Highbury and Islington and Essex Road stations will benefit from extra service into Moorgate as well as new weekend trains into the city.
Lib Dem councillor Julie Horten, representing Highbury East ward, said: “Highbury residents can now look forward to more trains and later evening services.
“It is especially good news for local commuters that there will be a new weekend service into Moorgate.
You may also want to watch:
“Working patterns have changed over the years and many local residents work later than the traditional nine to five hours of the past. People now often work at weekends too.
She added: ”This is a real victory for Highbury residents and commuters. It is good to see the Government listening to what residents want from their local train services.”
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 7 Walk with a map
- 8 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 9 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 10 Can you help identify this man?