Academic Dr Mine Conkbayir launches book alongside husband Paul Whitehouse
- Credit: Dr Mine Conkbayir
Islington academic Dr Mine Conkbayir was joined by her husband, the actor and comedian Paul Whitehouse, for the launch of the second edition of her latest book.
The pair greeted a packed reception at The Wellcome Trust, in Euston Road, to promote Early Childhood and Neuroscience: Theory, Research and Implications for Practice.
“It is really good, really exciting to be here,” Dr Mine said. “The Wellcome Trust was the perfect venue to launch a book on neuroscience.
“It is being sold here, and in other shops it has sold out. The reaction has been absolutely massive. Police officers, carers, parents, academics, they have all been reading it.”
Early Childhood and Neuroscience has already been complimented for making a complicated subject accessible to a wide readership.
This new version features a forward from Dr Laura Jana of Penn State University and three new chapters.
Dr Mine used part of her speech on to mention that the book was to be translated into Turkish - the language of her heritage.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 3 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 4 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 5 New cabinet announced for Islington Council
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
- 10 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
Fast Show star Paul, meanwhile, had to leave the event early on October 22 due to his commitments to his ongoing stage show Only Fools and Horses: The Musical.
Dr Mine said: “He is amazing with me, he’s very supportive. He is always happy to look at manuscripts. It is a complementary relationship!”