Academic Dr Mine Conkbayir launches book alongside husband Paul Whitehouse
- Credit: Dr Mine Conkbayir
Islington academic Dr Mine Conkbayir was joined by her husband, the actor and comedian Paul Whitehouse, for the launch of the second edition of her latest book.
The pair greeted a packed reception at The Wellcome Trust, in Euston Road, to promote Early Childhood and Neuroscience: Theory, Research and Implications for Practice.
“It is really good, really exciting to be here,” Dr Mine said. “The Wellcome Trust was the perfect venue to launch a book on neuroscience.
“It is being sold here, and in other shops it has sold out. The reaction has been absolutely massive. Police officers, carers, parents, academics, they have all been reading it.”
Early Childhood and Neuroscience has already been complimented for making a complicated subject accessible to a wide readership.
This new version features a forward from Dr Laura Jana of Penn State University and three new chapters.
Dr Mine used part of her speech on to mention that the book was to be translated into Turkish - the language of her heritage.
- 1 Layout of new LTN around Upper Street revealed
- 2 CCTV: Footage of man sought by officers investigating sexual assault
- 3 Islington's Tory councillor calls for LTNs to be scrapped
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 6 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 7 Reclaim the Night: Women demand end to gendered violence in north London
- 8 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 9 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 10 Islington's Young Blessed Gifted sets up hip hop concert
Fast Show star Paul, meanwhile, had to leave the event early on October 22 due to his commitments to his ongoing stage show Only Fools and Horses: The Musical.
Dr Mine said: “He is amazing with me, he’s very supportive. He is always happy to look at manuscripts. It is a complementary relationship!”