This week 30 years ago: Mum made boy hang by his arms over 10-foot drop
- Credit: Archant
A Newington Green mum admitted torturing her six-year-old son.
When he was naughty, the boy was made to hang by his arms over a 10-foot drop.
The torture would last for up to 10 minutes – until he could no longer hang on and fell.
He would also be locked in a pitch black cupboard and “viciously” punched, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
The woman, 27, of Mildmay Grove, was caught when the boy was taken to hospital and staff realised his injuries weren’t accidental. She admitted six child cruelty charges.
Meanwhile, Arsenal captain Kenny Sansom won his first trophy at the club – lifting the League Cup as the Gunners beat Liverpool 2-1 at Wembley.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 4 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 5 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 6 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 7 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 8 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 9 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 10 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021