This week 30 years ago: Mum made boy hang by his arms over 10-foot drop
- Credit: Archant
A Newington Green mum admitted torturing her six-year-old son.
When he was naughty, the boy was made to hang by his arms over a 10-foot drop.
The torture would last for up to 10 minutes – until he could no longer hang on and fell.
He would also be locked in a pitch black cupboard and “viciously” punched, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
The woman, 27, of Mildmay Grove, was caught when the boy was taken to hospital and staff realised his injuries weren’t accidental. She admitted six child cruelty charges.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Arsenal captain Kenny Sansom won his first trophy at the club – lifting the League Cup as the Gunners beat Liverpool 2-1 at Wembley.
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington