This week 30 years ago: Mum made boy hang by his arms over 10-foot drop
- Credit: Archant
A Newington Green mum admitted torturing her six-year-old son.
When he was naughty, the boy was made to hang by his arms over a 10-foot drop.
The torture would last for up to 10 minutes – until he could no longer hang on and fell.
He would also be locked in a pitch black cupboard and “viciously” punched, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
The woman, 27, of Mildmay Grove, was caught when the boy was taken to hospital and staff realised his injuries weren’t accidental. She admitted six child cruelty charges.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Arsenal captain Kenny Sansom won his first trophy at the club – lifting the League Cup as the Gunners beat Liverpool 2-1 at Wembley.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 6 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?