This week 30 years ago: Mum made boy hang by his arms over 10-foot drop
- Credit: Archant
A Newington Green mum admitted torturing her six-year-old son.
When he was naughty, the boy was made to hang by his arms over a 10-foot drop.
The torture would last for up to 10 minutes – until he could no longer hang on and fell.
He would also be locked in a pitch black cupboard and “viciously” punched, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
The woman, 27, of Mildmay Grove, was caught when the boy was taken to hospital and staff realised his injuries weren’t accidental. She admitted six child cruelty charges.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Arsenal captain Kenny Sansom won his first trophy at the club – lifting the League Cup as the Gunners beat Liverpool 2-1 at Wembley.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue
- 10 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student