Thousands enjoy free Highbury fields festival
- Credit: Archant
Almost 10,000 people flocked to Highbury Fields for a free funday of music, dancing and learning.
Festival in the Fields, on July 12, featured a carnival parade, samba band, games, rides and sport – as well special employment services and workshops for people to pick up skills.
Rose-Marie McDonald, who organised the event, said: “There was something for everyone to get involved with at the Festival, from bands, to dance acts to singers.
“While the little ones enjoyed fairground rides, teens and upwards packed the Lifted & Gifted music marquee.
“A highlight on the main stage was singer Adelaide McKenzie. It was just like X-Factor.”
You may also want to watch:
“The Mayor told me this was the best event she’d ever attended on Highbury Fields.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 8 Claudia Webbe: Labour calls for MP found guilty of harassment to resign
- 9 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 10 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash