Thousands enjoy free Highbury fields festival
- Credit: Archant
Almost 10,000 people flocked to Highbury Fields for a free funday of music, dancing and learning.
Festival in the Fields, on July 12, featured a carnival parade, samba band, games, rides and sport – as well special employment services and workshops for people to pick up skills.
Rose-Marie McDonald, who organised the event, said: “There was something for everyone to get involved with at the Festival, from bands, to dance acts to singers.
“While the little ones enjoyed fairground rides, teens and upwards packed the Lifted & Gifted music marquee.
“A highlight on the main stage was singer Adelaide McKenzie. It was just like X-Factor.”
You may also want to watch:
“The Mayor told me this was the best event she’d ever attended on Highbury Fields.”
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Walk with a map
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today