Thousands enjoy free Highbury fields festival
- Credit: Archant
Almost 10,000 people flocked to Highbury Fields for a free funday of music, dancing and learning.
Festival in the Fields, on July 12, featured a carnival parade, samba band, games, rides and sport – as well special employment services and workshops for people to pick up skills.
Rose-Marie McDonald, who organised the event, said: “There was something for everyone to get involved with at the Festival, from bands, to dance acts to singers.
“While the little ones enjoyed fairground rides, teens and upwards packed the Lifted & Gifted music marquee.
“A highlight on the main stage was singer Adelaide McKenzie. It was just like X-Factor.”
You may also want to watch:
“The Mayor told me this was the best event she’d ever attended on Highbury Fields.”
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets