Thousands enjoy free Highbury fields festival
- Credit: Archant
Almost 10,000 people flocked to Highbury Fields for a free funday of music, dancing and learning.
Festival in the Fields, on July 12, featured a carnival parade, samba band, games, rides and sport – as well special employment services and workshops for people to pick up skills.
Rose-Marie McDonald, who organised the event, said: “There was something for everyone to get involved with at the Festival, from bands, to dance acts to singers.
“While the little ones enjoyed fairground rides, teens and upwards packed the Lifted & Gifted music marquee.
“A highlight on the main stage was singer Adelaide McKenzie. It was just like X-Factor.”
“The Mayor told me this was the best event she’d ever attended on Highbury Fields.”
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op