Thousands enjoy free Highbury fields festival
- Credit: Archant
Almost 10,000 people flocked to Highbury Fields for a free funday of music, dancing and learning.
Festival in the Fields, on July 12, featured a carnival parade, samba band, games, rides and sport – as well special employment services and workshops for people to pick up skills.
Rose-Marie McDonald, who organised the event, said: “There was something for everyone to get involved with at the Festival, from bands, to dance acts to singers.
“While the little ones enjoyed fairground rides, teens and upwards packed the Lifted & Gifted music marquee.
“A highlight on the main stage was singer Adelaide McKenzie. It was just like X-Factor.”
You may also want to watch:
“The Mayor told me this was the best event she’d ever attended on Highbury Fields.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?