Thug hunted by police after brutal Islington assault
- Credit: Archant
A thug who beat someone up so badly they ended up in a coma is being hunted by police.
The vicious assault took place at about 11pm on December 27 in Caldy Walk, Islington.
The victim, a 49-year-old man, was left with a serious head injury and was put into an induced coma in hospital.
He is now in a stable condition.
After an initial appeal early this month, several witnesses came forward.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now chasing a white man, 5 ft 7” tall, who is of a medium or fat build.
On the night he was wearing a blue tracksuit top which was unzipped showing a white T-shirt with a round star with a silver glitter motif underneath and blue tracksuit bottoms.
- 1 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 2 Arsenal fan's search for every Highbury Stadium match since 1940s
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 5 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 6 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 7 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 8 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 9 Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- 10 Islington's Holocaust Memorial Day 2021 event to go ahead online
He was with a blonde, white woman and was driving a dark coloured car.
Officers want more people to get in touch – particularly residents of the nearby Marquess Estate.
n Anyone who saw or heard anything can call Det Con Aydin Halil on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.