Thug hunted by police after brutal Islington assault
- Credit: Archant
A thug who beat someone up so badly they ended up in a coma is being hunted by police.
The vicious assault took place at about 11pm on December 27 in Caldy Walk, Islington.
The victim, a 49-year-old man, was left with a serious head injury and was put into an induced coma in hospital.
He is now in a stable condition.
After an initial appeal early this month, several witnesses came forward.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now chasing a white man, 5 ft 7” tall, who is of a medium or fat build.
On the night he was wearing a blue tracksuit top which was unzipped showing a white T-shirt with a round star with a silver glitter motif underneath and blue tracksuit bottoms.
- 1 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 4 Stan Kroenke and the European Super League have killed Arsenal FC
- 5 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 6 Highbury performer marks World Burlesque Day with free classes
- 7 ESL 'the death of what football should be about', say Arsenal fans
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Chamber music and arts festival scheduled for Islington this summer
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
He was with a blonde, white woman and was driving a dark coloured car.
Officers want more people to get in touch – particularly residents of the nearby Marquess Estate.
n Anyone who saw or heard anything can call Det Con Aydin Halil on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.