What’s on in Islington this weekend?
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
See some abstract Italian art at the In Astratto exhibition, from 11am to 6pm on Wednesday and noon to 5pm on Saturday until September 9 at the Estorick Collection of Modern Italian Art, Canonbury Square, N1. Costs �5 (�3.50 conc), call 020 7704 9522.
Feel the sunshine vibes with fun and games at this summer fair, from 3.30pm at St Mark’s Primary School, Sussex Way, N19. Call 020 7272 5967.
Fill your face at this all you can eat Thai buffet, from 7pm at The Clarendon, Mildmay Park, N1. Costs �6, call 020 7249 6430.
You may also want to watch:
Recreate the year 1932 with the Jazzberries as part of an 80th birthday celebration, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
Stay cool with some jazz from the Shirley Martins Trio, from 8 to 10.30pm at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Free, call 020 7272 5566.
Enjoy a talent show and meet firefighters and police officers at this summer fair, from noon to 3pm at Hargrave Park School, Bredgar Road, N19. Call 020 7272 3989.
Make a micro sculpture to take out and install in the public space in King’s Cross as part of the London Festival of Architecture, all day at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N1. Free, call 020 7278 4335.
Learn the secrets of a great steak and good red wine at this Argentinian cooking class from a TV master chef, from 4 to 7pm at De La Panza, Southgate Road, N1. Costs �50, including a slap-up meal and plenty of wine, call 0207 226 0334.
Check out some Czech street art celebrating the Olympics, all day until August 31 at City Road Basin, Graham Street, N1. Free, visit london.czechcentres.cz.
Practice a martial art at these chi kung classes, from 11am to noon on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1; from 8.45 to 9.45am on Saturday, at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1; and from 6.45 to 7.45pm on Friday, at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1. Costs �12/10 or �40 for a block of five, call 07973 622240.