What’s on in Islington this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Brave the bracing winter air with Nordic walking sessions for over-55s, from 2pm at the Drovers Centre , North Road, N7. Costs £2, call 07900 888 438.
Examine the work of Islington artist David Arkin at his new exhibition, every day until February 28 at in Mom Made, Cressida Road, N19. Free, call 020 7998 8608.
Relish what it means to be a chap of a certain age at Friday Fellas, the club dedicated to gentlemen, from 11.30am to 4pm at Sotheby Mews Day Centre, Sotheby Mews, N5. Costs £3.50 (including lunch and an exercise class) call 020 7226 1421.
You may also want to watch:
Shake it to wake it at Zumba classes for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the St Luke’s Centre, Central Street, EC1. Call 020 7549 8188.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
Find out about the art of Reiki at a workshop featuring history, principles and lineage of this self-healing process, all day at Newington Green Unitarian Church, Newington Green, N16. Prices on a sliding scale based on what you can afford starting from £20, email email@example.com.
Attempt to capture the human form at a still life drawing class, from 2 to 4pm at The Book Club, Leonard Street, EC2. Costs £10, including materials and model, call 020 7684 8618
Make the most out of the last days of winter at a snow-themed party, featuring a raffle that could win you snowboarding equipment, from 8pm at the Dissenting Academy, Mildmay Park, N1. Free, call 020 7249 6430
Shake your creative bone at an art class for all abilities, taught by artist Jon Britten, from 2 to 5pm, at Highbury Baptist Church, Highbury Place, N5. Eight sessions cost £84 (£64 concessions), visit drawingclassesforall.weebly.com
Try your hand at scoring a try by joining regular rugby coaching sessions for children aged eight to 16, from 11am to 12.30pm at Finsbury Park, N4. Free, call 020 7686 8812.
Hear the Chilingirian Quartet survey the Romantic Piano quintets as part of the London Chamber Music Series, from 6.30pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from £9.50, call 020 7520 1490.
Train yourself in the art of self defence at chi kung self defence classes, every Sunday, from 11am to noon, at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 07973 622240. The class costs £10 per lesson or £40 for five.