What’s on in Islington this weekend?
- Credit: Archant
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Watch Trouble Funk, legendary pioneers of go-go music, a distant cousin of hip-hop, play their first London gig in more than 20 years, from 7pm at the Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Tickets from £25, visit agmp.ticketabc.com.
Brace yourself for a brisk stroll at Nordic walking sessions for over-55s, from 2pm, at the Drovers Centre, North Road, N7. Costs £2, call 07900 888438.
Get involved with a club strictly for older gents at Friday Fellas, from 11.30am to 4pm, at Sotheby Mews Day Centre, Sotheby Mews, N5. Costs £3.50 (including lunch and an exercise class). Call 020 7226 1421.
You may also want to watch:
Check out some rump-shaking Latin Jazz, from the David Gordon Trio with Jonty Fisher on double bass and Paul Cavaciuti on drums, from 9 to 11.30pm £6 at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Costs £6, call 020 7272 5566.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
Shake your creative bone at an art class for all abilities, taught by artist Jon Britten, from 2 to 5pm, at Highbury Baptist Church, Highbury Place, N5. Eight sessions cost £84 (£64 concessions), visit drawing classesforall.weebly.com.
Get some gourmet grub at a small but perfectly formed market, from 11am to 3pm at the Tufnell Park Food Market, Tufnell Park Road, N19. Free, call 020 7272 3510.
Discuss life’s hidden meanings at a philosophy forum run by the Stuart Low Trust, from 4 to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Call 020 7713 9304 to register.
Chase an egg-shaped ball at rugby classes for eight to 16-year-olds, from 11am to 12.30pm at Finsbury Park, N4. Free, call 020 7686 8812.
Battle hard at chi kung self defence classes, every Sunday, from 11am to noon, at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, on Saturdays from 11.15am to 12.30pm and on Fridays from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 07973 622240. Classes costs £10 per lesson or £40 for five.