10 people escape from King’s Cross rooftop fire
- Credit: sub
Ten people escaped from a fire in a tower block in King’s Cross this morning.
The fire completely destroyed a roof top decking area on the eighth floor of a block of flats in York Way.
The people involved managed to escape before the fire brigade arrived.
Three fire engines from Euston, Clerkenwell and Islington fire stations attended and 14 firefighters and officers tackled the blaze.
The fire brigade was called just after 7.20am and the fire was under control an hour later.
Its cause is under investigation.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 Shops encouraged to become 'safe havens' to make Islington safer for women
- 5 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 6 Haringey first council to call for Edmonton incinerator pause
- 7 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 8 Winter Toy Appeal launches to help London children in poverty
- 9 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 10 Man dies after two people found in Regent's Canal near Angel