10 people escape from King’s Cross rooftop fire
- Credit: sub
Ten people escaped from a fire in a tower block in King’s Cross this morning.
The fire completely destroyed a roof top decking area on the eighth floor of a block of flats in York Way.
The people involved managed to escape before the fire brigade arrived.
Three fire engines from Euston, Clerkenwell and Islington fire stations attended and 14 firefighters and officers tackled the blaze.
The fire brigade was called just after 7.20am and the fire was under control an hour later.
You may also want to watch:
Its cause is under investigation.
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington