10 people escape from King’s Cross rooftop fire
- Credit: sub
Ten people escaped from a fire in a tower block in King’s Cross this morning.
The fire completely destroyed a roof top decking area on the eighth floor of a block of flats in York Way.
The people involved managed to escape before the fire brigade arrived.
Three fire engines from Euston, Clerkenwell and Islington fire stations attended and 14 firefighters and officers tackled the blaze.
The fire brigade was called just after 7.20am and the fire was under control an hour later.
You may also want to watch:
Its cause is under investigation.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital