2,000 mums attend roadshow at Business Design Centre
- Credit: Archant
Some 2,000 mums from across the borough flocked to the Business Design Centre last week for a conference set up to help them access services and training and get into work.
The Mums Enterprise Roadshow was set up by two women – founder and CEO Lindsey Fish and creative director Lucy Chaplin – from home.
The Islington show featured a flexi-work and career zone, a start-up and growth zone and a one-to-one business advice area, plus 60 more exhibitors, 12 workshops, a Q&A and a speed networking session.
Speaker Patrick Herrlinger, of sponsor Cashplus, said: “It was a public speaking first for me when a toddler attempted to climb the stage during my seminar.
“The event was seriously well put together. I thoroughly enjoyed the buzz and talking to all the inspiring and talented entrepreneurs taking the plunge to becoming self-employed.”
You may also want to watch:
For details about the upcoming events and to register, visit mumsenterprise.events.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller