2,000 mums attend roadshow at Business Design Centre
- Credit: Archant
Some 2,000 mums from across the borough flocked to the Business Design Centre last week for a conference set up to help them access services and training and get into work.
The Mums Enterprise Roadshow was set up by two women – founder and CEO Lindsey Fish and creative director Lucy Chaplin – from home.
The Islington show featured a flexi-work and career zone, a start-up and growth zone and a one-to-one business advice area, plus 60 more exhibitors, 12 workshops, a Q&A and a speed networking session.
Speaker Patrick Herrlinger, of sponsor Cashplus, said: “It was a public speaking first for me when a toddler attempted to climb the stage during my seminar.
“The event was seriously well put together. I thoroughly enjoyed the buzz and talking to all the inspiring and talented entrepreneurs taking the plunge to becoming self-employed.”
You may also want to watch:
For details about the upcoming events and to register, visit mumsenterprise.events.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter