�20,000 paid for a date with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger
Charitable donors paid out a cool �20,000 for a private dinner with Arsene Wenger at the club’s charity ball.
The Emirates Stadium gala also saw rappers Rizzle Kicks, who live in Holloway, put on a performance.
More than �250,000 was raised, mostly by auction, and the date with Wenger was one of the hottest lots of the night, eventually going to a table of fans.
Midfielder Yossi Benayoun splashed out �5,000 for the signed shirt his captain Robin van Persie wore as he scored his 100th goal for the club, while the Dutchman himself scooped a signed boot from Thierry Henry for �13,000.
Defender Per Mertesacker, meanwhile, secured a VIP trip to a wildlife park.
You may also want to watch:
Ivan Gazidis, Arsenal’s chief executive, said: “The generosity shown by our supporters, players, manager and staff meant we raised more money than our wildest expectations.”
The event was held on Thursday last week in aid of the Arsenal Foundation and Save the Children.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 Club Curling comes to Coal Drops Yard in King’s Cross
- 9 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 10 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation