�20,000 paid for a date with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger
Charitable donors paid out a cool �20,000 for a private dinner with Arsene Wenger at the club’s charity ball.
The Emirates Stadium gala also saw rappers Rizzle Kicks, who live in Holloway, put on a performance.
More than �250,000 was raised, mostly by auction, and the date with Wenger was one of the hottest lots of the night, eventually going to a table of fans.
Midfielder Yossi Benayoun splashed out �5,000 for the signed shirt his captain Robin van Persie wore as he scored his 100th goal for the club, while the Dutchman himself scooped a signed boot from Thierry Henry for �13,000.
Defender Per Mertesacker, meanwhile, secured a VIP trip to a wildlife park.
You may also want to watch:
Ivan Gazidis, Arsenal’s chief executive, said: “The generosity shown by our supporters, players, manager and staff meant we raised more money than our wildest expectations.”
The event was held on Thursday last week in aid of the Arsenal Foundation and Save the Children.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire