A sex offender who used the lure of jobs at his north London massage parlour to rape young women across the capital has been jailed for 18 years.

Raghu Singamaneni, 50, of London Road, Luton, was sentenced at Wood Green Crown Court on Friday, June 16.

He was found guilty on March 31 following a trial at the same court of rape and sexually assault involving four women.

The court heard how Singamaneni ran two massage parlours on Holloway Road in Islington, and High Road in Wood Green.

He would advertise on a jobs app for women to come and work at the parlours, make appointments to meet them and then carry out sexual assaults, Scotland Yard said.

The first victim to call the police was 17 years old.

She had arranged to meet Singamaneni for an interview at one of the parlours and he went through the training she would need.

She again met Singamaneni at the parlour the next day and he gave her a glass of prosecco and she told police she then became so intoxicated she was sick.

Singamaneni then took her to a hotel where he attempted to rape her and carried out a sexual assault.

She made a complaint at Tottenham Police Station two weeks later and Singamaneni was arrested and released under investigation while further enquiries were made.

The second victim, a 19-year-old woman, reported an allegation of rape which occurred at her place of work in the High Road, Wood Green.

She stated that Singamaneni had asked for a massage, insisted that she drink some vodka and then raped her, police said.

A third victim, a 23-year-old woman, arranged to meet Singamaneni at a hotel in Golders Green after answering a job advert.

When they entered the hotel room Singamaneni plied her with alcohol then forcibly removed her clothing and raped her.

The last known victim, a 17-year-old female, applied for a job as a masseur and had spoken to a woman about an interview.

She was told her to go to a hotel in Queen's Avenue, Muswell Hill, where she would meet someone to have a trial massage.

She entered a hotel room with Singamaneni and accepted drinks and drugs he offered her.

He then raped her.

She left the hotel and called a friend who then called police.

Singamaneni was arrested and subsequently convicted of three counts of rape; two counts of assault by penetration and one count of attempted rape – relating to four women.

Det Con Hussain Sayem, said: “This man used his position of authority to carry out a string of sexual assaults on young women. Many of these women were lured by the hope of employment, but were then subjected to the most dreadful sexual assaults.

“I have no doubt that Singamaneni thought these women would never speak out against him or would never be believed. He was wrong, these women did have the courage to speak out and the jury found him guilty by a unanimous verdict."

He added: “We know Singamaneni is a serial offender and it is entirely possible he has attacked other women who have not felt able to come forward and report their ordeal to police.

"I would urge anyone in this position to get in contact and quote Operation Sting – you will be listened to and supported by specially trained officers."