More than 100 people evacuated a student hall of residence when fire broke out in a flat.

Three fire engines and around 15 firefighters were called to the blaze in a student accommodation block on Goswell Road in Islington on Thursday (November 16) at 7.34am.

Part of a flat on the fourth floor of the building was damaged by fire.

Around 120 people left the building before London Fire Brigade crews arrived.

The fire was under control by 8.10am. There were no reports of any injuries.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been due to an electrical fault.

Fire crews from Islington, Shoreditch and Euston fire stations attended the scene.