Around 100 people fled a building after a fire caused by an electrical fault in a basement.

London Fire Brigade was called just before 9.45am yesterday (November 29) to a commercial property in Aldersgate Street, Islington.

Four fire engines and 25 firefighters battled the blaze for more than an hour. The fire was under control by 10.45am.

Around 100 people left the building before the arrival of firefighters but there were no reports of any injuries.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a blown transformer in an electrical unit in the basement.

Firefighters from Shoreditch, Islington, Soho, Euston, and Bethnal Green fire stations attended the scene.