80 per cent take-up of free school meals
LIBERAL Democrat councillor Julie Horten is trying to mislead Islington families on free school meals as part of the Lib-Dem plans to snatch away them away from our children. As she well knows, every year there is a dip in take-up of school meals in the s
LIBERAL Democrat councillor Julie Horten is trying to mislead Islington families on free school meals as part of the Lib-Dem plans to snatch away them away from our children.
As she well knows, every year there is a dip in take-up of school meals in the summer.
This year is no exception. But what she can't get away from is that our policy of free school meals for all primary school children is a huge success.
There is now over 80 per cent take-up across the borough of healthy free school meals. Just this week, yet another report showed how better take up of more healthy meals boosts education for our kids.
You may also want to watch:
It's a shame that, on education, the Lib Dems are putting politics and their agenda of public sector cuts first.
- Councillor Jessica Asato (St George's Ward), Anson Road, N7.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 8 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington