A-level results 2017: Multi-talented Central Foundation Boys’ School students excel over range of subjects
- Credit: Archant
The dexterity of students at Central Foundation Boys’ School was revealed this morning after sixth formers picked up a set of A-level results showing talent across the board.
Strength in maths continues at the school with five A* grades and 40per cent of all students achieving A or A* in both maths and further maths.
But the school has also proved its strengths across humanities and science subjects, with 100pc of all grades at A* to C in biology, chemistry, English literature and history, as well as 100pc of grades in art being an A* or A.
There was also particular success in BTEC business where 21 of the 23 students were awarded Distinctions.
Headteacher Jamie Brownhill said, “We are delighted with the results our students have achieved and the large number of high quality university places and work placements that they have secured.
You may also want to watch:
“The students are to be congratulated on their efforts alongside the dedicated work of their teachers. We see the fruits of the work between the students, the school and our partners in providing high quality teaching, pastoral support and guidance to all of our students to ensure that they fulfil their potential.”
Overall the school’s pass rate was 100pc, with 90pc of grades at A* to C and 43% at A* or A.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition