A-level results: Highbury Grove celebrates huge jump in top grades
- Credit: Archant
It was all smiles at Highbury Grove today as the school saw a remarkable 21 per cent jump in top grades from last year.
The percentage of exams graded A* or A rose from a quarter to 46pc, with almost all exams – 96pc – achieving a passing grade.
The students will now be heading to universities across the country, including Southampton and Kent.
And headmaster Tom Sherrington was quick to praise the hard work everyone involved had put in: “We are delighted with this year’s A level and Diploma results, which reflect the hard work and dedication of our students and staff over the last two years,” he said.
“Our students have secured places at a wide range of high quality universities.”
You may also want to watch:
He was particularly pleased with the number of students who had achieved three Distinction* grades in BTEC and diploma courses – 12 were graded D*D*D*, a figure he called “exceptional”.
For all our Islington A-level results and analysis, click here
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 5 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing