A-level results: Highbury Grove celebrates huge jump in top grades
- Credit: Archant
It was all smiles at Highbury Grove today as the school saw a remarkable 21 per cent jump in top grades from last year.
The percentage of exams graded A* or A rose from a quarter to 46pc, with almost all exams – 96pc – achieving a passing grade.
The students will now be heading to universities across the country, including Southampton and Kent.
And headmaster Tom Sherrington was quick to praise the hard work everyone involved had put in: “We are delighted with this year’s A level and Diploma results, which reflect the hard work and dedication of our students and staff over the last two years,” he said.
“Our students have secured places at a wide range of high quality universities.”
You may also want to watch:
He was particularly pleased with the number of students who had achieved three Distinction* grades in BTEC and diploma courses – 12 were graded D*D*D*, a figure he called “exceptional”.
For all our Islington A-level results and analysis, click here
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing