Aaron Ramsey’s Arsenal career over after Unai Emery confirms Juventus-bound midfielder will miss rest of the season
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Aaron Ramsey has played his last game for Arsenal, after Gunners boss Unai Emery confirmed that the midfielder will miss the rest of the season due to a hamstring injury.
The Welshman picked up the injury in the second-leg of Arsenal’s Europa League quarter-final win over Napoli, and he will now be denied a farewell appearance having agreed to join Juventus on a free transfer this summer.
There was hope that Ramsey would recover before the end of the season, but Unai Emery has confirmed he won’t play for the Gunners again, while also paying tribute to the 28-year-old.
“We can’t use him, injuries come for players like that and we have players who can play,” he said.
“But he was in a good moment when he took this injury. I had a good experience with him, he transmitted his energy and his heart is red like Arsenal.
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted to enjoy this with him. I said to him I wanted to do something important with you.
“Aaron played so many years here, he is so important for the club and the players because he did so much for the new players.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
“He signed for Juventus but he is still a professional and always fought for the club.
“Some other players might stop fighting - but he loves this club so he stayed 100 per cent. He has a great mentality. I will miss him a lot - we have good memories.
“I want to do something important. It will not be with him on the pitch - but still with him, with us.”