Aaron Ramsey pays warm tribute to Arsenal fans
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal have confirmed midfielder Aaron Ramsey has signed a pre-contract agreement to join Juventus in the summer.
The deal is said to worth around £400k per week before tax – meaning he will pocket between £225k-£250k after tax, as revealed by Islington Gazette Arsenal reporter Layth Yousif early last month.
Following the announcement, Arsenal released a statement on their website paying tribute to the Welshman for his services to the club.
“Aaron’s made a fantastic contribution to our club since joining from Cardiff City in 2008. He has always been a consummate professional and will always have a special place in the hearts and memories of Arsenal fans around the world.
“We look forward to Aaron helping the team to a strong end to this season before he joins Juventus in the summer.”
You may also want to watch:
Joining Arsenal as a 17-year-old from Cardiff City, Ramsey has cemented himself in the fabric of the club over the past decade.
In his 11 years in north London, Ramsey has played 359 games, assisted 57 goals and became Arsenal’s highest scoring midfielder with 61.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
He etched his name into Arsenal history by scoring the winner in the 2014 FA Cup final against Hull City, ending Arsenal’s then-nine year trophy drought.
The 28-year-old then helped Arsenal to two more FA Cup triumphs, scoring the winner again in Arsenal’s 2017 win against Chelsea.
Put into perspective, his achievements at the club are even bigger considering the leg-break he suffered against Stoke City in 2010.
He continued to create memories for Arsenal fans from his FA Cup final performances as well as his unforgettable strike against Galatasaray in December 2014 which was voted the club’s goal of the season that term.
Ramsey addressed Arsenal fans on his personal Instagram account: “I wanted to issue a statement for all the Arsenal fans who have been extremely loyal and supportive.
“You welcomed me as a teenager and have been there for me through all the highs and lows I’ve encountered during my time at the club.
“It is with a heavy heart I leave after 11 incredible years in North London. Thank you.
“I will continue to give the team 100 per cent and hope to finish the season strongly, before heading on to my next chapter in Turin.”