Aarron McKoy shooting in Clerkenwell: Three charged with murder
Three men have now been charged with murder after Aaron McKoy was gunned down in Clerkenwell on New Year’s Day.
Ceon Hewitt, 21, of High Street, Wickford, in Essex, was arrested on January 12 and charged with murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
On the same day a 20-year-old, also from Wickford, was charged with the same offences.
Dean Smith, 25, from Lordship Road, Stoke Newington, is the third man charged with murder.
All three men have been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on April 13.
You may also want to watch:
Mr McKoy, from Hackney, was killed at around 4am on January 1 while celebrating his 22nd birthday.
He was shot in Portpool Lane and died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
Police say Mr McKoy had been at the Clerkenwell House Wine Bar in Hatton Wall before he was killed.
On January 2, a 22-year-old was arrested in connection with the murder and was released on bail to return to police at a later date.