Aarron McKoy shooting in Clerkenwell: Three charged with murder
Three men have now been charged with murder after Aaron McKoy was gunned down in Clerkenwell on New Year’s Day.
Ceon Hewitt, 21, of High Street, Wickford, in Essex, was arrested on January 12 and charged with murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
On the same day a 20-year-old, also from Wickford, was charged with the same offences.
Dean Smith, 25, from Lordship Road, Stoke Newington, is the third man charged with murder.
All three men have been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on April 13.
You may also want to watch:
Mr McKoy, from Hackney, was killed at around 4am on January 1 while celebrating his 22nd birthday.
He was shot in Portpool Lane and died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 3 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
Police say Mr McKoy had been at the Clerkenwell House Wine Bar in Hatton Wall before he was killed.
On January 2, a 22-year-old was arrested in connection with the murder and was released on bail to return to police at a later date.