Aarron McKoy shooting in Clerkenwell: Three charged with murder
Three men have now been charged with murder after Aaron McKoy was gunned down in Clerkenwell on New Year’s Day.
Ceon Hewitt, 21, of High Street, Wickford, in Essex, was arrested on January 12 and charged with murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
On the same day a 20-year-old, also from Wickford, was charged with the same offences.
Dean Smith, 25, from Lordship Road, Stoke Newington, is the third man charged with murder.
All three men have been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on April 13.
Mr McKoy, from Hackney, was killed at around 4am on January 1 while celebrating his 22nd birthday.
He was shot in Portpool Lane and died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
- 1 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 2 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 3 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 4 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 5 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 6 Islington shisha smuggler sentenced for £230,000 tax fraud
- 7 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 8 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
- 9 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
- 10 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
Police say Mr McKoy had been at the Clerkenwell House Wine Bar in Hatton Wall before he was killed.
On January 2, a 22-year-old was arrested in connection with the murder and was released on bail to return to police at a later date.