Aarron McKoy shooting in Clerkenwell: Three charged with murder
Three men have now been charged with murder after Aaron McKoy was gunned down in Clerkenwell on New Year’s Day.
Ceon Hewitt, 21, of High Street, Wickford, in Essex, was arrested on January 12 and charged with murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
On the same day a 20-year-old, also from Wickford, was charged with the same offences.
Dean Smith, 25, from Lordship Road, Stoke Newington, is the third man charged with murder.
All three men have been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on April 13.
You may also want to watch:
Mr McKoy, from Hackney, was killed at around 4am on January 1 while celebrating his 22nd birthday.
He was shot in Portpool Lane and died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 How much do you know about Islington?
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 'Eidevall has turned Arsenal from believers into contenders'
Police say Mr McKoy had been at the Clerkenwell House Wine Bar in Hatton Wall before he was killed.
On January 2, a 22-year-old was arrested in connection with the murder and was released on bail to return to police at a later date.