Achievements of adult learners celebrated at Islington Town Hall ceremony
- Credit: Archant
The hard work and dedication of more than 50 adult learners was rewarded when they collected their certificates at the town hall on February 10.
Some participants upskilled, for instance by gaining ICT proficiency, while others took core subjects like English and Maths.
Stephen, who was rewarded for his outstanding commitment and attitude on his entry level English course said: "A couple of years ago I got laid off of work and when I went to the Job Centre I kept on getting forms. I couldn't read them or fill them out so I had to go to my brother who did it all for me.
"When I was school I bunked off and I really regret that but now it's good though because I have been shown what I have been missing out on.
"I was just sitting around and this has given me more confidence."
You may also want to watch:
Business chief Cllr Asima Shaikh: "These awards are a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the hard work, dedication and achievements of our adult learners."
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing