Adventure playground street party brings Islington community together
- Credit: Archant
The community came together last week in Islington for an adventure playground “street party”.
Crowds flocked to Waterside Adventure Playground in Dame Street on Thursday for the fun-filled event.
Among the guests were Islington mayor Cllr Una O’Halloran.
Becky Pryce, director of Awesome CIC, which runs the playground, said: “It was a great opportunity to bring the community around Waterside Adventure Playground together.
“The team at Waterside and their neighbours have pulled together to make this event a success and without them it wouldn’t have been possible, so a huge thank you to them.
You may also want to watch:
“There are 12 adventure playgrounds in Islington. Six are managed by Islington Play Association and six are managed by Awesome CIC. These events allow us to bring communities together in an environment created by children.”
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller