Adventure playground street party brings Islington community together
- Credit: Archant
The community came together last week in Islington for an adventure playground “street party”.
Crowds flocked to Waterside Adventure Playground in Dame Street on Thursday for the fun-filled event.
Among the guests were Islington mayor Cllr Una O’Halloran.
Becky Pryce, director of Awesome CIC, which runs the playground, said: “It was a great opportunity to bring the community around Waterside Adventure Playground together.
“The team at Waterside and their neighbours have pulled together to make this event a success and without them it wouldn’t have been possible, so a huge thank you to them.
You may also want to watch:
“There are 12 adventure playgrounds in Islington. Six are managed by Islington Play Association and six are managed by Awesome CIC. These events allow us to bring communities together in an environment created by children.”
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 6 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 10 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'