Album review: Let The Children Techno
A thrilling and cleverly-compiled new record from Ed Banger Records, full of new techno brews borrowing from all the genres you can think of - and more.
Busy P and DJ Mehdi, both current electro heavyweights, are behind this eye-opening 20-track mixtape of unreleased tunes.
Its ‘energetic electro’ tag is a bit wide of the mark - this is no hardcore sweatfest.
In fact it’s every lazy bod’s answer to the cool house party conundrum, and just as perfect for the gym or a run around the block. There’s even a creepy, scratchy silent horror movie soundtrack from Sebastian to widen its musical horizons.
Particular highlights from the cornucopia include Duke Dumont’s slice of funk-laced electro Hypgnosis, Breakbot’s spicy electro-funk Shades Of Black and Djedjotronic’s sharp synth workout The Invisible Landscape, but this runs the gamut of electro-cool.
You may also want to watch:
The sound of two musical mavericks frolicking through fields of dubstep, electro-funk, psychedelic house, techno and hip-hop to make a compelling daisy-chain of delight for your listening pleasure.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 3 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 6 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 7 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 8 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington