Alciveadis Mauredis death: Man charged with murder following Elthorne Estate attack outside the Royal Oak Pub
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a man with the murder of a “lovely” 60-year-old from Hornsey Rise who died of head injuries in hospital on July 31.
Leon Tayler, 26, of Cornwallis Square, was originally charged with GBH on July 14, but he's now been indicted with the greater offence after Alciveadis Mauredis died. Tayler is due to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on September 5.
Mr Mauredis, who one neighbour described as a "gregarious motorbike enthusiast", was assaulted outside the Royal Oak pub, on the Elthorne Estate, near the junction with St John's Way on July 12.
Police were called to his flat in Beachcroft Way in the early hours of July 13, where they found Mr Mauredis in a critical condition. He died two weeks later.
A post-mortem examination on August 2 gave the cause of death as a head injury.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 020 8345 3734.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 6 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 Islington dog stars in film that will be shown at London Film Festival
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London