Alciveadis Mauredis death: Man charged with murder following Elthorne Estate attack outside the Royal Oak Pub
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a man with the murder of a “lovely” 60-year-old from Hornsey Rise who died of head injuries in hospital on July 31.
Leon Tayler, 26, of Cornwallis Square, was originally charged with GBH on July 14, but he's now been indicted with the greater offence after Alciveadis Mauredis died. Tayler is due to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on September 5.
Mr Mauredis, who one neighbour described as a "gregarious motorbike enthusiast", was assaulted outside the Royal Oak pub, on the Elthorne Estate, near the junction with St John's Way on July 12.
Police were called to his flat in Beachcroft Way in the early hours of July 13, where they found Mr Mauredis in a critical condition. He died two weeks later.
A post-mortem examination on August 2 gave the cause of death as a head injury.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 020 8345 3734.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 5 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 9 Highbury woman launches pen pal initiative to fight lockdown loneliness
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding