- Credit: Archant
Conservative candidate for Islington North
Age: Sort of mid to late 30s
Marital status: Married
Children: One daughter who’s almost two
You may also want to watch:
Interests outside politics: Education, policies for looked after children, boxing, poetry.
Current job: Director of policy at the Centre for Social Justice.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
Any directorships/ other financial interests: None.
What jobs/ interests will you continue with if elected: If elected, I’ll give up my job – but I’ll hopefully stay on as a governor of Queensmill School for children with austim. I really want to pursue policies in Parliament that help poorer children get ready for, and do well in, school.
What is your local connection to the area: I live in Archway and I used to live in Angel.
If I am elected, the first thing I will do is: Dance a jig (and try to resuscitate Jeremy Corbyn). After that’s done I want to campaign in Parliament for a raft of social policies to improve education, support local families and help more people get into work.
How would you/did you vote on the following issues:
Assisted suicide? In favour - but only for people with terminal conditions.
Gay marriage? In favour.
UK military action against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government? Against at the current time.
Smoking in cars? People should be allowed to smoke in cars if there are no children travelling with them.