- Credit: Archant
Conservative candidate for Islington North
Age: Sort of mid to late 30s
Marital status: Married
Children: One daughter who’s almost two
You may also want to watch:
Interests outside politics: Education, policies for looked after children, boxing, poetry.
Current job: Director of policy at the Centre for Social Justice.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
Any directorships/ other financial interests: None.
What jobs/ interests will you continue with if elected: If elected, I’ll give up my job – but I’ll hopefully stay on as a governor of Queensmill School for children with austim. I really want to pursue policies in Parliament that help poorer children get ready for, and do well in, school.
What is your local connection to the area: I live in Archway and I used to live in Angel.
If I am elected, the first thing I will do is: Dance a jig (and try to resuscitate Jeremy Corbyn). After that’s done I want to campaign in Parliament for a raft of social policies to improve education, support local families and help more people get into work.
How would you/did you vote on the following issues:
Assisted suicide? In favour - but only for people with terminal conditions.
Gay marriage? In favour.
UK military action against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government? Against at the current time.
Smoking in cars? People should be allowed to smoke in cars if there are no children travelling with them.