- Credit: Archant
Conservative candidate for Islington North
Age: Sort of mid to late 30s
Marital status: Married
Children: One daughter who’s almost two
You may also want to watch:
Interests outside politics: Education, policies for looked after children, boxing, poetry.
Current job: Director of policy at the Centre for Social Justice.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
Any directorships/ other financial interests: None.
What jobs/ interests will you continue with if elected: If elected, I’ll give up my job – but I’ll hopefully stay on as a governor of Queensmill School for children with austim. I really want to pursue policies in Parliament that help poorer children get ready for, and do well in, school.
What is your local connection to the area: I live in Archway and I used to live in Angel.
If I am elected, the first thing I will do is: Dance a jig (and try to resuscitate Jeremy Corbyn). After that’s done I want to campaign in Parliament for a raft of social policies to improve education, support local families and help more people get into work.
How would you/did you vote on the following issues:
Assisted suicide? In favour - but only for people with terminal conditions.
Gay marriage? In favour.
UK military action against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government? Against at the current time.
Smoking in cars? People should be allowed to smoke in cars if there are no children travelling with them.