Alex Smith murder: Abdirahman Ibrahim found guilty
- Credit: Met Police
A second man has been convicted of the murder of Islington teenager Alex Smith in Camden.
Alex, 16, was killed in Munster Square in the Regent's Park Estate, Camden, at around 11pm on August 12 2019.
Abdirahman Ibrahim, 20 and of Pratt Street, Camden, was found guilty of murder and assisting an offender at Inner London Crown Court on March 29.
He will be sentenced on April 30.
In 2020, Arif Biomy, 20, was jailed for life for Alex's murder.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard the attack was the result of an "ongoing feud" and Ibrahim was one of six who had been driving two stolen cars around the Fitzrovia and Euston Road area on that night looking for rivals to attack.
The jury were told that while Ibrahim had stayed in a car, men with him attacked Alex and the group had been acting together.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 6 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 7 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Teyah Goldie, 16, makes Arsenal squad for north London derby
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
Det Insp Jamie Stevenson said: “Alex was targeted by a rival gang which Ibrahim was part of. The six gang members acted together to chase down Alex with fatal consequences."