Singer Alexandra Burke takes part in video promoting Covid jab
- Credit: Islington Council
Singer-songwriter Alexandra Burke has joined community leaders in Islington in a video encouraging people to get vaccinated against coronavirus.
The 2008 X Factor winner, who was born in the borough, joined Ch Supt Raj Kohli from Islington Police, Mohammed Kozbar from Finsbury Park Mosque and Pastor Temi from the House on the Rock community church in the video produced by Islington Council.
"Some of my family have been vaccinated and I'm pleased to say they are in great spirits and protected against this horrible disease," says Ms Burke in the two-minute film which is available to view on YouTube.
It also features street cleaner and reggae star Roy Johnson, Islington Mayor Janet Burgess, registrar Cynthia Green and nurse Tina Jegede.
It is the first in a series of videos the council is releasing to encourage people to get the jab.
You may also want to watch:
Health chief Cllr Sue Lukes said: "Vaccination is the best way to protect yourself and the people you love from this virus, and the more people take up the vaccine the sooner we will see life becoming more normal again."
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing