Ali Al Har murder: Abdirahman Abdulahi appears in court charged with stabbing of young man in Brecknock Road, Tufnell Park
- Credit: Archant
This is the first picture of Ali Al Har, who was stabbed to death in Tufnell Park last week.
It comes after Abdirahman Abdulahi, 24, of Brecknock Road, yesterday appeared in court charged with murdering Mr Al Har in Corinne Road on September 18. He was charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon on Saturday.
Kyron Samuels, of Atwell Place, Oxford, was charged with assisting an offender, and was also due in court yesterday.
Mr Al Har, 25, was the fourth person to be stabbed to death on Islington’s streets this year.
Brett Thompson, 63, of Corinne Road, tried to save Mr Al Har after he was knifed in the leg.
You may also want to watch:
The former solider told the Gazette: “There were three of us trying to stop the bleeding. Blood was pouring out of his femoral artery.
“He had lost about four pints. It was everywhere.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 8 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
“I asked him his name and he said ‘my name is Ali and I’m from Wembley’, in between screaming ‘I’m dying’.
“It’s so sad – he was only a young man.”
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “A man aged 25 was found suffering from a stab wound. Officers immediately provided first aid.
“The victim was pronounced dead at the scene at 10.07pm.
“His next-of-kin have been informed. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course – enquiries continue.”
Abdulahi and Samuels have both been remanded in custody until October 22.
Did you know Ali Al Har? Call Lucas at the Gazette news desk on 020 7433 0121 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org