Alonso too expensive - here's why
The problem with Alonso is the original transfer which took him to Liverpool. It includes a sell on clause which means that if he s sold for below 16 million Euros, [his former club] Real Sociedad get 6 million Euros, if it s above 16 million Euros they
The problem with Alonso is the original transfer which took him to Liverpool.
It includes a sell on clause which means that if he's sold for below 16 million Euros, [his former club] Real Sociedad get 6 million Euros, if it's above 16 million Euros they get 20%.
So for Arsenal to have a prayer to sign him they have to pay 15-16 million pounds, will they do that? Would Liverpool sell? Alonso has three years left on his contract so it's unlike the Barry situation where he could buy his contract out next summer (only one year left next summer).
So unless Wenger can offer Liverpool something very sweet he'll be staying put.
You may also want to watch:
Andy, Derry, N Ireland
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers