Alzheimer’s patient from Upper Holloway missing
- Credit: Archant
An Alzheimer’s patient from Upper Holloway has been missing since walking out of hospital on Saturday and police fear he may be looking to fly to Jamaica.
Officers are appealing for the public’s help in finding Winston Haynes, 72, who was last seen at about 2pm in West Middlesex Hospital, Hounslow, with a cannula still in his arm after being treated for a chest infection.
Winston, 72, is a slim, black man with short greying hair. It is believed he is wearing dark clothing and likely to be wearing a black trilby hat.
It is possible he is attempting to travel to Gatwick Airport to fly to Jamaica, or he may have become confused and is attempting to travel to Heathrow.
There is no indication he has left the country at this time but police are concerned for his safety and wellbeing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has seen Winston or who knows where he is should call police in Islington on 101.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting