Am I a freak of nature?
I’m now 19, male, a student, and am having a few problems with what I thought was a mole on my chest.
My last bed partner pointed out it could be a third nipple, and it’s getting to me. She said I must be pagan, as it’s only pagan people who have this. Is she right?
It’s freaking me out and I wonder if I need to talk to my dad – my mum has passed away, about this. Am I a freak of nature? What can be done?
Barbara says: It’s fairly common. One in 16 people have a third nipple, and for some, like you, it may look just like a mole, and it’s not too problematic.
It can be on your chest, under your arm, or even on your groin, and both men and women can have them. So first, rest assured, it’s not some ‘sign of the devil’, or pagan.
You may also want to watch:
Visit your GP who will advise you about removal. Easy!
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets