Am I a freak of nature?
I’m now 19, male, a student, and am having a few problems with what I thought was a mole on my chest.
My last bed partner pointed out it could be a third nipple, and it’s getting to me. She said I must be pagan, as it’s only pagan people who have this. Is she right?
It’s freaking me out and I wonder if I need to talk to my dad – my mum has passed away, about this. Am I a freak of nature? What can be done?
Barbara says: It’s fairly common. One in 16 people have a third nipple, and for some, like you, it may look just like a mole, and it’s not too problematic.
It can be on your chest, under your arm, or even on your groin, and both men and women can have them. So first, rest assured, it’s not some ‘sign of the devil’, or pagan.
Visit your GP who will advise you about removal. Easy!
- 1 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 2 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 3 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'Fear, isolation and distress': Pentonville Prison during Covid-19
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 'Robot' prisoner locked up indefinitely for killing Serco custody officer
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 WATCH: Sauna fire rips through Old Street leisure centre
- 9 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 10 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park