Fire tears through roof of Amwell Street building
- Credit: Josh Levy-Kramer
A fire in Amwell Street is thought to have broken out accidentally.
The roof of a mid-terraced property was completely destroyed by fire on Saturday afternoon (July 10).
The Brigade was called just before 2pm, and about 40 firefighters using six fire engines brought the fire under control just over an hour later, by 3.15pm.
There were no reports of any injuries.
Fire crews from Islington, Soho, Dowgate and Paddington stations attended the incident.
You may also want to watch:
According to the London Fire Brigade, the fire is believed to have been accidental but the exact cause is undetermined.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 8 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 10 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents