Angry meter complaints in Islington taken by waitress in Kent
- Credit: Archant
A cafe in Kent has been receiving angry calls about faulty parking meters in Islington.
Motorists frustrated with malfunctioning machines have been getting through to a waitress, due to meters displaying the wrong number.
The coffee shop, called Finch House, claims to receive at least three parking calls a day from disgruntled members of the public all over the UK.
Landlord Chris Loizou called the cafe after an issue with a machine near one of his properties in Fortnam Road, Holloway.
Mr Loizou, 43, said: “I’ve had constant problems because I’m a landlord here and I’ve had money stuck in the machine lots of times.
You may also want to watch:
“On this occasion it was faulty and it wasn’t taking the coins so I phoned the number on the machine that it says to call if you have a problem with it.
“I told them about the meter but they said they were a restaurant – apparently they get calls all the time.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
The number appears on the machine as the contact for manufacturer CALE BriPark Ltd, but Islington Council have said they will not be changing altering the meters, as their own contact details feature on the machines in larger print.
Finch House Cafe has received complaint calls from as far a field as Wales, but said most of its calls were from nearby Maidstone, Kent.