Angry meter complaints in Islington taken by waitress in Kent
- Credit: Archant
A cafe in Kent has been receiving angry calls about faulty parking meters in Islington.
Motorists frustrated with malfunctioning machines have been getting through to a waitress, due to meters displaying the wrong number.
The coffee shop, called Finch House, claims to receive at least three parking calls a day from disgruntled members of the public all over the UK.
Landlord Chris Loizou called the cafe after an issue with a machine near one of his properties in Fortnam Road, Holloway.
Mr Loizou, 43, said: “I’ve had constant problems because I’m a landlord here and I’ve had money stuck in the machine lots of times.
“On this occasion it was faulty and it wasn’t taking the coins so I phoned the number on the machine that it says to call if you have a problem with it.
“I told them about the meter but they said they were a restaurant – apparently they get calls all the time.”
- 1 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 2 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 3 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 4 Whittington Hospital's landmark incinerator chimney to be dismantled
- 5 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 6 Emma Thompson and Sir Ian McKellen line up to play Whodunnit detectives
- 7 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 8 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 9 'Staunch and fascinating' activist and intellectual Audrey Jancovich dies aged 87
- 10 Covid patients in north London hospitals with Plan B rules set to lift
The number appears on the machine as the contact for manufacturer CALE BriPark Ltd, but Islington Council have said they will not be changing altering the meters, as their own contact details feature on the machines in larger print.
Finch House Cafe has received complaint calls from as far a field as Wales, but said most of its calls were from nearby Maidstone, Kent.