Anthea Turner attends Action for Children's Big Lunch fundraiser
- Credit: David Parry/PA Wire
TV presenter Anthea Turner rolled up her sleeves to help serve up a Big Lunch for vulnerable children adversely affected during lockdown.
The former Blue Peter and GMTV host went to the charity Action for Children's HQ in Cubbitt Street, St Pancras, for the event which invites communities across the UK to hold socially-safe get-togethers throughout June.
Each year around £8million is raised through fundraising events like cake sales, raffles, BBQs and auctions.
As well as helping to hand out food and presents, Anthea found out more about the specific challenges that young people with disabilities faced in lockdown, after a year which has turned millions of lives upside down.
She said: "I’ve worked with Action for Children for many years now and know the amazing work they do for children, young people and families up and down the country.
You may also want to watch:
"The kids and I had lots of fun today, so I’d encourage everyone to get together for their own Big Lunch and if they can fundraise for this fantastic charity at the same time even better."
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 3 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 4 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 5 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 6 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 7 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world