Appeal after motorcyclist dies in hit and run in Islington
Police are appealing for information after a motorcyclist died in a hit and run in Islington.
The accident happened in Baring Street at around 6pm yesterday.
The motorcyclist was in collision with a Hackney Carriage and another car.
The driver of the Hackney Carriage stopped at the scene. The driver of the other car stopped at New North Road, but then drove off.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin are not aware and a post-mortem examination will be arranged in due course.
The car that did not stop is described as a green people carrier.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
Officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit at Northolt are investigating.
Detective Sergeant Chris Osborne of the unit said: “We will be studying CCTV in the area which may have captured the incident at this very busy time of day.
“I would appeal to the driver of the green car involved in the collision or any witnesses to contact police as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information call police on 101.