Appeal after motorcyclist dies in hit and run in Islington
Police are appealing for information after a motorcyclist died in a hit and run in Islington.
The accident happened in Baring Street at around 6pm yesterday.
The motorcyclist was in collision with a Hackney Carriage and another car.
The driver of the Hackney Carriage stopped at the scene. The driver of the other car stopped at New North Road, but then drove off.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin are not aware and a post-mortem examination will be arranged in due course.
The car that did not stop is described as a green people carrier.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
Officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit at Northolt are investigating.
Detective Sergeant Chris Osborne of the unit said: “We will be studying CCTV in the area which may have captured the incident at this very busy time of day.
“I would appeal to the driver of the green car involved in the collision or any witnesses to contact police as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information call police on 101.