Appeal: Get in touch about homeless hostels and B&Bs in Islington
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette would like to hear from people living in temporary accommodation in Islington - such as hostels or bed and breakfasts.
Government figures show the number of families without a permanent home in the borough has fallen in the last five years.
This is against a backdrop of rising private sector rents and a burgeoning housing crisis in the capital.
Do you have a story to tell? What are conditions like in hostels, B&Bs or short-term bedsit accommodation?
We would also like to hear from anyone who has been asked to move to a temporary or permanent home outside of the borough.
You may also want to watch:
This might be temporary housing in another part of London or permanent housing in another part of the country.
What are the implications of such a move away from work, schools, or family?
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 6 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
Contact Emma Youle on 020 7433 0122 or email@example.com