Applications for 60 jobs in new King’s Cross station supermarket hit 600
- Credit: Archant
Just five days after advertising for jobs, a new supermarket was inundated by more than 600 applications.
Waitrose, set to open in King’s Cross station during the summer, said they received an overwhelming response to the 60 advertised full-time and part-time posts.
The application deadline has now passed and interivews have taken place.
James Clarke, manager of the branch, said: “We’ve had a fantastic response since we launched our recruitment drive in King’s Cross, with ten applicants for every vacancy.
“We are really encouraged by the calibre of applications we’ve received, especially from young people in the area.
You may also want to watch:
“The station serves as one of Britain’s major railway routes to the north-east and Scotland, and we look forward to a successful future at King’s Cross.”
The new shop will be the first Waitrose to open within a railways tation.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing